New Smoker in Nor NV---Now with Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rockrunner

Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Fernley, NV
Hey all. I finally did it. I've been lurking for awhile now. I finished building my redneck smoker and am using it right now. I have wanted to do this for awhile and just finally did. I'm a stay at home dad so I spend a lot of time cooking. Now I can add one of my favorite types to my arsenal. When this is meat is done I will post pics of my RedNeck smoker and the pork.

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF, all lurkers are welcomed here. Looking forward to pics of your RedNeck smoker. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

Alrighty. Here it is

>
Dont worry i didn't use the Kingsford in the smoker.

Home built coal starter. Works like a champ!

Only lump and chunks.

Oh yeah...

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's"FREE" ...5 Day eCourseE

That thing looks awesome man. I like it alot. I wouldn't worry to much about how the smoker looks, but I would maybe give a little thought to what the plan is gonna be if the lump gets a little sparky in the starter and lights that straw and dry grass on fire.

It would be a bad bad deal to have a good smoke go up in flames.

Good Luck to you on future smokes and thanks for sharing you pics.

Welcome to SMF. Im in Nor Cal about a hour from Reno.

Thanks everyone! I have a little fine tuning to do to it now that I have used it for a real smoke. I figure it'll work untill I can afford the stuff to build a nice one. I spent a whole $12 on that one. Yee haw... I'm thinking yardbird legs tomorrow. YUM

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky