New Smoker Advice Needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cybergoon

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I am looking to purchase a new smoker and was just looking for input from you guys. I will post a couple of pictures of it and have you pose your thoughts. Also, if you could tell me about what you think it'd be worth, I'd appreciate it. I am pretty sure it's a good deal, but want opinions. I talked to the guy selling it and he built it himself and used it for competition smoking for a few years. It has recently been repainted, but he said it is in excellent condition. It is a reverse flow system and there is a access door to the cooking area on both sides of the smoker. Also, it is rigged to be able to use with propane if needed.

871e11b1_smoker1.jpg

8ebcc3b7_smoker2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good from here...Offer $1000 less than asking and see what happens...JJ

Are you able to work with that tire right in the way? Looks like it would be a PITA to work around that tire if you are doing a large party or something.

Looks good from here...Offer $1000 less than asking and see what happens...JJ
Had I done that, I'd have been asking for it for free :)

I went ahead and bought it Friday. I towed it home from Chicago and power washed it Saturday then fired it up for a test run on Sunday.
Are you able to work with that tire right in the way? Looks like it would be a PITA to work around that tire if you are doing a large party or something.
Granted, I wasn't messing with any meat during my test smoke on Sunday, but I did get in and move the thermometers around a few times and such and it didn't really get in the way. I am fairly tall, so maybe that makes a difference.

I can't wait to smoke some meat on this old girl. Looks like my first opportunity will be next week Friday!

-Marc

Congrats on the new smoker - now lets see it in action 
biggrin.gif

Marc, If you got that Smoker in the $1000 range ...That's a Steal! I was thinking he wanted some where in the $3-4000 range when I posted. Best of luck...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky