New Smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mpatty

Original poster
Dec 31, 2019
I didn't take many pictures along the way but I did get my smokehouse finished. Well almost finished....I don't know that I will ever be able to say it is completely finished. I have some finishing touches that I need to add (door handles, permanent brackets for hanging bars and a shelf for cheeses etc). The board and batten siding is rough sawn white oak from a tree that I cut down nearby. The frame is made from untreated pine (WRC is hard to come by an expensive in this area); however, it is a cold smoker so I should never reach temperatures that it is off gassing in the smokehouse.

IMG_1722.JPG

I have smoked two large batches of bacon from pigs that I raised and butchered this year(first time). The temperatures held great (never went above 90 degrees). I smoked one batch in 40 degree weather and one in the 30's. It draws really well with multiple floor registers both top and bottom. The threads on here proved invaluable to building this.

IMG_1721.JPEG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky