New Smoke for this new member

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Shagbark

Original poster
Jan 30, 2020
New member from Michigan here, with some smoking experience, not a ton though. Full time meat dept. manager/cutter at a small family owned grocery store. We do have a nice 100lb. capacity electric smokehouse made by The Sausage Maker, I plan to start using again after a couple year break. I like making jerky and sausages and plan on building an outdoor smokehouse which I've started the framing on this week for the backyard when the weather warms.
20200131_190536.jpg
Was totally stoked to see the mail lady brought my new Thermoworks Smoke today, it even came shipped with a small pack of jelly bellies. Has anybody had much experience with them?(not the jelly bellies) Hope to learn somethings and will gladly share whenever I can.

Welcome from ohio! Looks like you have some new toys to play with. Look forward to seeing some cooks in the future!

Reactions: Shagbark
Welcome to SMF!
That Smoke is a very good & accurate therm.
I have had one for several years & never had a problem with it.
Al

Welcome to the forums happy to have you join the fun

Chris

The Smoke is an excellent thermometer. Try to not get the probes wet where the cord and the probe join. I am a bit envious of your Sausage Maker smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky