NEW PRODUCT: A-MAZE-N-TUBE-SMOKER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice work Todd!

Has anyone tested it on an MES 30?
Yes, a couple guys tried it in their MES 30's and it works good.

I've got about 50 hours testing it in my MES 40

In-order to keep the pellets going, there has to be at least 1/2 of the the tube full of pellets.  This will produce lots of smoke, and IMHO....Too Much Smoke for the MES 30 or 40. 

Also, the burn time is about 4 hours @ 225° in the MES 40

Since the AMNPS does so well in the MES 30 and 40, I recommend using it instead

TJ

The Tube Smoker was designed for use in Pellet Grills/Smokers, to add smoke at higher temps.  As pellets burn more efficiently, they produce more BTU's, but very little smoke.  It's just the nature of the beast in Pellet Smokers/Grills. 

I have very limited time testing the tube smoker in a MES, Cajun Injector or other electric smokers

This does not mean it will not work, I just can't tell you with 100% confidence it will work well, and smoke for the same length of time as the AMNPS.  The Smoker Tube produces lots of smoke, and possibly too much for the smaller electric smokers.

The AMNPS will still be the most effective method to add more smoke to electric smokers.

Todd
I had 2 shoulders on the Trager and a slab of ribs in the MES July 4th. 18" tube in the Trager and the AMNPS in the MES. For some reason I couldn't keep the AMNPS lit. After 4 tries I put the 18"tube which was doing a fine job in the Trager ,in the MES. Almost didnt fit. Works just fine. Had no problem keeping it lit. Saved my ribs.

I`m in !!!!!  Although my feelings are hurt that I did not get to test one....
congratulation_graphics_2.gif

Ok,  you guys talked me into purchasing one of these Tubes.  I am currently in the process of building a reverse flow smoker and this will help me utilize that huge chamber as a cold smoking apparatus as well.  And I've heard so much about this special blend of his.  I ordered 5lbs of the pitmasters choice.

I'll let you know how it all goes.  I'm excited!  The wife is planning on brining some bacon just for the occasion.  

WOW,  Todd's company is awesome.  I just received my items the 5lb bag of pellets and the 18" amaze n tube.  What I didn't expect was for the tube to come fully loaded.  Not sure if that's standard or not,  but either way I was pleasantly surprised!  

What Smoker You Using It In?

Cold Smoking, Supplementing Smoke at Higher Temps or Both

Masterbuilt Gas Smoker and other Vertical Gas Smokers

The AMNPS 5x8 will work great for cold smoking, but at cooking temps, the gas flame uses up the available oxygen

The 12" Tube Smoker will work great for both cold smoking and supplementing smoke at cooking temps

The AMNPS 5x8 was designed for use in the MES 30 and 40

The Tube Smoker puts out too much smoke for the MES 30 and 40

When in doubt give me a call at (952)736-7678

TJ

Last edited by a moderator:

The AMNPS 5x8 will work great for cold smoking, but at cooking temps, the gas flame uses up the available oxygen

The 12" Tube Smoker will work great for both cold smoking and supplementing smoke at cooking temps

TJ
I didn't know that Todd, Thanks for the info!!!

TJ

Thanks for the clarification Todd. I will mostly be using it at high temps with some cold smoking but not much. Will be putting in my order for the 12" tube soon! Can't wait to throw these chips and chunks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to give a shout out to Todd and his A-Maze-N-Tube-Smoker. I ordered the 12" tube on Nov 29 with 24# of pellets and a replacement probe for the ET732 and i get it on the Dec 3 

Thats great service and better speed and Todd gave me the Cyber monday deal,  because dummy me never thought about it on monday.

Thanks again for great service Todd

P.S.  anybody know what flavor of pellets come free in the tube (their all good )

Tod....just looking at your products.  I have a Smoke Vault (24") propane smoker.  What type would you recommend for Big Poppa?  I do mostly reg temp smoking...no low temp stuff yet.  Chickens, Turkey, PP, brats, bacon weave pork loins....etc....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky