New Pit barrel cooker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooperman

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 3, 2016
Hey All,
I just got my Pit barrel cooker and am wondering how hot the bottom of the cooker gets. I currently have it on a composite deck. Should I put something underneath it, or is the stand that comes with high enough to prevent any damage to my deck?
Thanks

I would put some fire resistant stuff underneath. I would not run it on a composite deck for fear of melting the deck material. All my smokers are on a concrete surface. Just sayin.

Reactions: Richard Foster
You PBC should have came with a stand that will put it up off the ground by roughly 3 inches.

I agree put something under it better safe than sorry. 3" is not enough space on anything but concrete in my book of safety rules.

Warren

Thanks all for the reply’s
I found a piece of cement board I think I will put under the PBC, and maybe a paver under each leg.

Reactions: Hawging It
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky