New Pellet Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noahbaine21

Original poster
Dec 26, 2019
Looking at purchasing a new grill. I've narrowed my list down to 3. I'm down to a RecTec 590, CampChef 36 woodwind wife with side shelf, or a CampChef 24 wifi with the searer. What are everyone's thoughts on this? I currently have a GMG Daniel Boone that I've owned for 8 years but just looking to upgrade.

Reactions: jake0531
Weber lol ,the added on gas grill on some of the units don't do much for me, I can sear small amounts now on my PB, I have a gas grill along with Weber performer. Lot of good choices out there and it is growing every day, things can only get better for us imo, buy once cry once. Which ever way you jump hope the equipment works great for you

Wait until spring when all of the new models are out. None of the cookers you're looking at are going to perform much different than your Daniel Boone. Pit Boss, Weber and others are coming out with new designs that would be a bigger upgrade.

All 3 you got picked would be fine choices I think. I did the 590, but maybe just peek at the Silverbac Grilla Grill Alpha. It has PID as the 590

Reactions: noahbaine21
Great advice! I've added the Smokefire from Weber to my list lol. I believe I'm going to wait a little since my Daniel Boone is still going strong

given I have a rec tec, that is my bias. but I love it and just over a year in it seems pretty amazing and bombproof. their service is second to none.

I am also a bias Rec Tec owner so obviously I would suggest the 590 though I have the RT-700 (Bull) and absoletly love it but if you can wait...why not wait and see what comes out. That Weber SmokeFire has my attention for sure. Around this time last year I decided to go with a pellet grill and got the Bull and couldn't be happier with the grill and company and support.

Just know with Rec Tec, if any issues do happen, they will stand behind it. The 590(Stampede) comes with a 4 year warranty which is very nice.

I am also a bias Rec Tec owner so obviously I would suggest the 590 though I have the RT-700 (Bull) and absoletly love it but if you can wait...why not wait and see what comes out. That Weber SmokeFire has my attention for sure. Around this time last year I decided to go with a pellet grill and got the Bull and couldn't be happier with the grill and company and support.

Just know with Rec Tec, if any issues do happen, they will stand behind it. The 590(Stampede) comes with a 4 year warranty which is very nice.

I'm also biased as I bought a RT-700 also last November I think. I've used that thing at least twice a week since I got it and man is that thing reliable and bulletproof. Like everyone else has said, their customer service is second to none! It's not just a saying, if you call them it's like calling your best friend for bbq advice with no hard close sales tactics.

Maybe just try giving them a call and see how you feel, that's one of many things that ultimately sold me on getting a Rec-Tec.

I’m not into pellet grills but I did see a new model from Pit Boss at my local Walmart yesterday. Looked pretty impressive. Has your standard pellet grill chamber with a top shelf plus there is a smoking cabinet above. The thing was pretty spacious. They claimed over 2000 inches of cooking space. It was called a Lockhart. Think it was around $800. Might be interesting if that’s your price range and you cook a lot of food at once.
G

I’m not into pellet grills but I did see a new model from Pit Boss at my local Walmart yesterday. Looked pretty impressive. Has your standard pellet grill chamber with a top shelf plus there is a smoking cabinet above. The thing was pretty spacious. They claimed over 2000 inches of cooking space. It was called a Lockhart. Think it was around $800. Might be interesting if that’s your price range and you cook a lot of food at once.
G
From what I heard, that is miss leading. I think there is actually a thread somewhere on here. The top area is more of a cold smoking area. I don't think the temp can get too high there with smoke.

Look into and do some research on pellet grills. I am so happy I did and found Rec Tec.

I will never buy another CC product. Was not able to keep the SG running. The sear gas pit has 12 month warranty and rust out by 13 month. Have CC Big gas grill and the pit has big piles of rust under it at 12 months. Its under my car port and not that exposed to direct weather.

Rec Tec evangelists are the new vegans and crossfitters.
LOL Funny but I can at least speak for myself. I powerlift and my brother runs some of the biggest powerlifting meets in the country. He runs local, national and world meets.

Crossfitters and vegans are what most of our jokes are about....that and the USAPL but I am probably talking over your head.

Stay away from Traeger. I and alot of others are having problems with their WIFIRE.
You can see all sorts of folks on reddit and in their forums having issues.

Reactions: kstone113
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky