New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think I drooled on my LSU National Championship T-Shirt while reading through your post. Well done my friend, and thank you for posting the recipe! I vote for a carousel ride....very deserving indeed!
Sounds amazing.
I love seeing all the variations of this dish all over South Louisiana. I could absolutely devour yours.
I’m not much of a shrimp eater, but that looks really good. Nice job.
OMG that looks crazy good.
Thanks for the reminder and the recipe. I have to give this a shot.
Sounds great. I've made the Cajun BBQ Shrimp many times. This is an interesting variation...JJ
Man, I'd love to be bellying up to a table full of that, beautiful piece of work, Like! Congrats on the ride, well deserved. RAY
I could eat a plate full off that. Great job!

Dave
Love me some Shrimp that sounds good to me. LIKES
Richie
Wonderful looking plate of shrimp right there saint. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Point for sure
Chris
That looks fantastic!
No doubt about it!
Al
I would have to go to a pet store to find fresh shrimp looks tasty though
Awesome man could I eat that. WOW what a fine looking dish.

Warren
That’s absolutely delicious! I could eat that dish til I explode.

Like!!
Sure looks good! I could eat a lot of those. Thanks for sharing your family recipe.
Hell yes that looks so good! Don't know if I could eat 5 pounds but I sure as hell would try. That sauce sounds outstanding. Great recipe too I am going to save that. Thanks for sharing! LIKE!
Looks awesome! Ive never had this dish but it is certainly something I might have to give a shot. The sauce sounds really good and simple to make. Like!
That looks so good. If I had the address I'd be shouting "ROAD TRIP!" Well done, sir.
I'll have to save this recipe--sounds and looks outstanding! The old recipe cards are awesome too, you did your family proud with this one!

Wow, I just checked in and saw all the responses! Thanks everyone, and Happy Mardi Gras!!

Hell yes that looks so good! Don't know if I could eat 5 pounds but I sure as hell would try. That sauce sounds outstanding. Great recipe too I am going to save that. Thanks for sharing! LIKE!
Ha! Man, even after stuffing ourselves there were a ton of leftovers!! French bread is almost gone though. Starting tomorrow we have got to start eating better!

Ha! Man, even after stuffing ourselves there were a ton of leftovers!! French bread is almost gone though. Starting tomorrow we have got to start eating better!

I love shrimp! Your's sounds top notch.
I do have one negative comment
The Sauce:
3 sticks of butter, 2 TBS La. Hot Sauce (or Tabasco), 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp Oregano, 3 tsp parsley, 1 bottle of Heinze chili sauce & 1 cup white wine. ...
Do not substitute traditional red Tabasco with any of the Cayenne based hot sauces on a 1 for 1.
Cayenne based sauces include Louisiana (original), Crystal, Franks, Texas Pete's, etc.
I don't like Tabasco personally, but would start at 1/2 tsp to replace 2 Tbl of La. (or equivalent) hot sauce.

We’re a Tabasco family. While I agree they aren’t necessarily interchangeable, that’s what I used (Tabasco, per the recipe) and the taste was perfect for me.

Tabasco here Franks for wings don't like Texas Pete at all

Warren
Agree 100% Warren. Love me some Franks on Wings. Tabasco is king for me on cajun cuisine. Once, I ordered red beans and rice from a local lunch shop on a Monday, but they were out of Tabasco. I returned the plate for a po-boy. Some things I just can't eat without my Tabasco!!!

Reactions: HalfSmoked
What no Tobasco on that Poor Boy?

Warren
Warren, had it been a shrimp po-boy, yes! But strangely enough, not on my roast beef. Unless it's not a local roast beef. If it's outside of New Orleans, then I need swiss and tabasco. Crazy, huh?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky