New mini owner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Doing my second smoke tomorrow. 2 whole chickens just a a salt and water brine over night. Hopefully I can fit both chickens on the top grate but we'll see.

Any advice or tips.

I hope mine turns out looking like yours. What temp did you cooks at and do you brine?

yes I brine (basic salt, sugar, water)... I start out low (200-225) trying to get as much smoke as I can... crank it up towards the end ... If the skin isn't edible I don't dwell on it... I do work my hand under the skin so I can put rub straight on the meat under the skin for when the skin doesn't crisp up and you toss it to the side ... I will actually take the whole pot off and blow on the coals with forced air, being careful of sparks blowing out tho.... to help get it heated up quick (vents wide open) ...

Skin didn't crisp up like I wanted because I didnt get the temps high enough but the meat was very juicy (should have just brined 1 to compare the 2). Probably try lump next time to get the temps higher.

HEB Grocers out of Texas 32 qt tamale steamer to my door is 30 bucks. Just got one 2 weeks ago. They are the IMUSA and fit perfect

I need a bigger pot for the jumbo joe but just looking for a deal.

Doing some ribs tomorrow.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky