• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RickMN

Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
Grand Rapids MN
I just want to say I'm excited to have found this forum. I'm brand new to smoking and found this forum looking for reviews on the first smoker I intend to buy. I'm extremely encouraged by the enthusiasm, courtesy and willingness of forum members to offer advice in many of the threads. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions as I venture into what I hope will become a great hobby.

Welcome Rick, this truly is a great forum with a wealth of knowledge. What kind of smoker are you planning on getting I into?

Welcome to the site. Let's us know what smoker you decided on.

Chris

Welcome Rick, this truly is a great forum with a wealth of knowledge. What kind of smoker are you planning on getting I into?
Thanks you Geebs. I'm going to explore more of the threads today. I plan on getting a Pit Boss 820 and based on what I've discovered so far, I'm also going to purchase a custom controller to help maintain finer temps. I'm really looking forward this forum and getting started.

Welcome to the forum brother! Smoking meats is like a brotherhood. Check out YouTube “yeah I’ll Smoke it” simple and short video clips.

Rick welcome to SMF glad to have you here, I am sure you will find lots of help and I think you will enjoy the Pit baoss as well.

Once again, thank you for the warm welcome folks. I'm now the proud owner of a Pit Boss 700D. I plan on doing the "burn off" tomorrow and trying ti out on Sunday.

Reactions: laziebun
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky