New Member, We Make Smoking Woods!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Robert,
Just enough to do some drums, couple full birds. maybe a few meatloaves, back bacon. and so on and so on.
lol
I will trade you some fallen birch and maple I have all over the yard in piles from the last few storms

David
I'm not sure you'd like mesquite for chicken. I tried it once on yardbird - way to strong.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Typically pork ribs and pulled pork. I think they use it on chicken, too.
Interesting. We’ll have to look into it a bit more to see if it’s totally safe. Sometimes it’s just out of an abundance of caution that people avoid certain woods. Like sassafras wood - some people LOVE it and have used it for years. Others avoid it like the plague because the plant can contain safrole, which is a carcinogen according to the FDA.

I like mesquite for burgers on the Weber direct and half-smokes indirect - half-smokes are half pork half beef and are great with mesquite since it is a fairly quick cook. I also like to use it to help get to temp with the food on. Once I reach temp, then I'll switch wood to whatever the plan is. For the record, mesquite is at Home Depot and Ace Hardware --- > chips, chunks, splits.

DRKsmoking DRKsmoking you've seen the thread of the damage to @tx smoker trees from the ice storm?
He'll be sending you stuff by the truck load!!!

Jim

Yes Jim I have and it is devastating what mother nature can do to things.
And I offered to come down and cut everything up for a better price than he was quoted and I would talk in an accent also. lol

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
I like mesquite for burgers on the Weber direct and half-smokes indirect - half-smokes are half pork half beef and are great with mesquite since it is a fairly quick cook. I also like to use it to help get to temp with the food on. Once I reach temp, then I'll switch wood to whatever the plan is. For the record, mesquite is at Home Depot and Ace Hardware --- > chips, chunks, splits.
Totally, I love mesquite! We want to stay in our lane of specialty things, and not try to compete with the larger brands that are doing mesquite, hickory, oak, etc.

Greetings from God's Country. After a trip to PNW, I am intrigued with madrona, and wish I would have smuggled some back to smoke with.
I’ve heard good things about this, I’ll see if I can find some

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky