New member [PaPaDa]

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

papada

Original poster
Nov 18, 2013
N. Ca.
Hi everyone, I have a new Master built smoker I'm looking forward to getting suggestions from your posts. My first question is how much Legg's Old Plantation seasoning do I have to use for 10lb's of meat? I'm making snack sticks with 5lbs. of venison and 5lbs. of pork. The seasoning package is for 25lbs. of meat but I don't have that much so I guess my question is can I reseal the remaining spice mix?

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Yup use 2/5 of the seasoning. Remember you need to get pretty close. So you have

enough cure.

Happy smoken.

David

Welcome to SMF. Double check the Legg's Package most of their seasonings I've used don't have cure mixed in with them and it is added separately

Thank you this one has 1oz. pkg. for 18.5 oz. of mix for 25lbs. I'll mix it all then use 2/5 th  for 10lbs. of meat.

Welcome to the forums! Glad you've joined our group. You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc. There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another. Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Welcome from Canada.

canada-flag-68.gif

I see you already have had a question answered. I only started smoking last year and the kind members here have been a great help.

I look forward to your posts.

Disco

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky