New Member - New MES 40

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danmaryd

Original poster
Nov 13, 2018
Received my new MES 40 last week and did not waste any time smoking a rack of St Louis ribs, a pork loin & 2 turkey legs.
At 1st the spousal unit was upset that I spent so much $$ on "another grill". She was probably more upset that I didn't discuss with her first, but that would have turned into "Request denied" lol.
Anyway after explaining the difference between a grill and a smoker and why this one ïs so much better than the small antiquitated 18"charcoal unit, I prepared 3 meals worth of meat in 4 hrs. After tasting she has come around to the wisdom of the MES.

I'll post about the Thanksgiving bird in another thread but in 1 word - great.

Congrats on th smoker! My wife has given up on complaining ablut my cooking tools. She disnt even try to protest my last purcjase of a 270 smoker lol. As you can see in my sig I have just a few :) Welcome to the addiction

What's the old saying? It's easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission? Welcome to the group. Check out the Electric Smokers section for ideas on how to modify and make your new smoker sing and dance.

Welcome to the forums, and I'm happy to hear your first few smokes were a success.

Chris

Thanks all.
Yes I've followed that saying more than a few times.
If it goes according to previous hobbies, I'll be called "öbsessed"
soon, but in this case not a bad thing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky