• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New member intro

Jprince67

Joined Feb 26, 2021
New to the forums, not new to the smoking.
I retired the active duty Coast Guard in 2017. I spent the last 20 years moving to different states and had to figure out how to keep my smoking abilities going in all types or weather. We decided to reside in northern DFW and have chose to build my version of an any weather smoker. I have suffered on my commercial grill that i added a fire box to the side, which worked great in nice weather, however wrapping a blanket around the grill in colder / windy weather started to get old.

So theres my introduction. My next post will cover the build of the smoker i did 3 years ago, then to follow up with this months modification to match the outdoor grill island I built last year.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
welcome from pa, great forum here with lot's of great people.

SmokinGame

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 11, 2018
From western Indiana, welcome to SMF! Looking forward to your build post.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Welcome from ND. I know about insulating the smokers :emoji_wink:

Tom_T

SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 14, 2021
Welcome from central Washington you will enjoy both retirement and the forums.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Welcome to SMF from NorCal! Thank you for your service.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.