New Member in NC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tarheelsmoker

Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
Hello All,

My name is Jerry and I'm delighted to join the group. I've been grilling for all of my adult life. I have a BGE, a Weber gas and charcoal grill. I love my BGE and can't wait to learn more about using smoking woods (I've only had it for a little over a year). I've recently cut down some Hickory and Wild Dark Cherry trees. Any tips on using this type of wood would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully

Glad you joined us Jerry, :welcome1: from a North Dakota BGE owner!
Make sure you split the wood and let it season at least 6 months to get rid of moisture.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks! Do you cut the wood in chunks, or just split it and place on the coals?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky