New Member from The Woodlands,, TX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dafish13

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 25, 2018
The Woodlands, TX
I have been reading the forums for a number of years and finally signed up today. I have a offset stick burner from David Klose, 36” gas grill and a Primo XL with a BBQ Guru in the backyard (the Guru is actually in the house). The stick burner has not been used since the Primo arrived. While I love sitting around with friends and having drinks I’m not much for tending a fire for 24 hours. Load the Primo, plug in the Guru and drink until bed time. Get up whenever you want the next day and the temp is spot on.

Currently I am experimenting with the Umai Dry bags. I just pulled my Spanish Chorizo out and vacuum sealed for a rest. I have 2 pancetta’s curing now. I have several questions but will post those somewhere else.

I want to thank everyone for the help I have received from reading the forum. Look forward to sharing information and becoming a better cook.

fish ,,, welcome . I've been here for a bit . Learned so much , but I do my home work also . I trust the info here , and re read and re read to make sure I understand why I'm doing things . Great place for knowledge and experience on all things .

Reactions: Dafish13
Welcome to the site fish, glad you decided to join the fun.

Chris

Reactions: Dafish13

Attachments

• B9284AAF-DE4C-4E81-9E24-8C4E1C7D6AEC.jpeg
    B9284AAF-DE4C-4E81-9E24-8C4E1C7D6AEC.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Scott Eisenbraun
Here you go. One flat with black pepper and one rolled. You can tell from the rubber bands that my vacuum sealer did not like the Umai bags.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky