New Member from Seattle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

photohap

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
federal way, WA
Hi all. My name is Mark. I am from the seattle area in a city called Federal Way.

By trade I am a graphic designer, yes the guy that designs those annoying ads you see in magazines.

I started smoking with a LiL Chief, mainly for jerky and getting smoke flavor into meats, then moved onto a brinkman water smoker, although I loved that little brinkman I hated the fuss of the charcoal. Yesterday I made the plunge and bought the smokers vault, instantly I fell in love with it.

Spareribs are on sale here at Safeway, so I went and bought 30lbs, also two nice sized butts and some good chicken thighs. The wife loves it since I vacuumed sealed it all and have enough meat already cooked for the week.

I am hoping to learn from all of you pitmasters. When brisket goes on sale that will be my next endeavor..

Mark

Welcome to SMF, sounds like some good things in order out there. If you have questions just ask, a lot of friendly, helpful folks here.

Welcome Mark -

You can't go wrong shopping sales!

I cook most of the food for the week on the weekend and then just sides all week. Makes life easier. Your wife must be happy about that.

Have fun with the new smoker!

Welcome Mark to SMF, and a big hello from Canada EH !!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Welcome to the SMF Mark. Congrat's on your new smoker, sounds like your off to a great start with it!!! Jump right in...great folks here, and remember we love pics
icon_wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky