1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New member from MS.

Discussion in 'For New Members' started by Boardtowndawg, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:34 AM.

1. Boardtowndawg

Boardtowndawg Newbie

New member from Mississippi. I’m a young guy that’s picked up smoking here recently. Excited to learn more.

2. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the board! This place is full on answers, just ask or use the Search.

What's your smoker?

3. Boardtowndawg

Boardtowndawg Newbie

Right now I’m using a Char-grilled with offset smoker but I’m looking at getting an Old Country Smokehouse smoker.

4. oldsmokerdude

oldsmokerdude Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum. You'll have tons of questions as you learn and try new things. Don't hesitate to ask, the folks on this form are amazingly helpful and knowledgeable. Can't wait to see some pictures of some of you first smokes.

5. Boardtowndawg

Boardtowndawg Newbie

Thanks I’ve been looking around the forum and seen a lot of stuff I’m ready to try.

6. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome BTD! Don't let the size of the forum and the wealth of information here overwhelm you. And like we say "The only dumb question is the one you don't ask!"

7. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru

Welcome to the site. Glad to have you join up.

Chris

8. Boardtowndawg

Boardtowndawg Newbie

Thanks, I think I’m gonna smoke some hamburgers soon. My co-worker says they are awesome. I have done a Butt that turned out pretty good and a couple chuck roasts I made into burnt ends.

9. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru

Do a search for the beer-can burger. It will wow your friends.

Chris