New member from Central PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

IH 1026

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 4, 2018
Central PA, Lebanon County
Hi all, new to the forum and to smoked foods in general. I recently got in to grilling with charcoal on a 14" Weber kettle, and turn out some pretty good smoked chicken thighs but plan on upgrading to a 18" Weber Smokey Mountain Kettle to make my own briskets, pork butts and sausages. I'm hoping to get some good techniques and tricks to use on my own.

Welcome to the forum, glad to have ya join. There are allot of Weber folks here to offer help if you need it.

Chris

Welcome. There are a lot of PA guys here. Care to be more specific? We had a member that listed his location as Central PA. When asked to be more specific, said Harrisburg. Turged out he lived a couple of blocks from me and we became friends, working together on several projects...JJ

BTW...I am in Emporium, Cameron Country.

Welcome from the State College area of Pa. We have a gathering the past 2 years at our farm.

Welcome from Mifflin County, PA. Lots of good stuff here and good people. Where exactly in central PA are you?

IH 1026. I like IH tractors

Thank you all for the kind words of welcome. I came here to learn.

Welcome. There are a lot of PA guys here. Care to be more specific? We had a member that listed his location as Central PA. When asked to be more specific, said Harrisburg. Turged out he lived a couple of blocks from me and we became friends, working together on several projects...JJ

BTW...I am in Emporium, Cameron Country.

Lebanon County... North of Palmyra.

Welcome from Mifflin County, PA. Lots of good stuff here and good people. Where exactly in central PA are you?

IH 1026. I like IH tractors

I have family in Mifflin and Huntington Counties. I'm up to 3 Red Iron tractors as of yet. Farmall 806D, Farmall 504G, and a Super C. Before too long I'll have a 1026 Hydro.

Thank you all for the kind words of welcome. I came here to learn.

Lebanon County... North of Palmyra.

I have family in Mifflin and Huntington Counties. I'm up to 3 Red Iron tractors as of yet. Farmall 806D, Farmall 504G, and a Super C. Before too long I'll have a 1026 Hydro.

Sounds like a nice collection

Hello IH 1026 and welcome from Stokes County, North Carolina. Does the IH 1026 refer to a tractor? If so which model, Wheatland or Farmall? Got any pics? We like pics......

JJ, if I'd known you were in Harrisburg I'd have stopped by sometime. I probably made 20 trips from NW NC to CNY on I-81 in the last year and a half and have a son in Millersville. For some reason I would have guessed that you were in Central PA......

LanceR.... a dairy farmer I used to work for currently owns the 1026. It's a standard IH rowcrop, and has been neglected for quite a few years. I put a bug in his ear about buying it before he retires and has sale. I'm not sure my wife will like the new addition, but I sure will.

Here's a shot of my 806D and the Super C

3zP5woD.jpg

Those are good looking machines. That 806 is not exactly a common machine in many parts of the country, especially as a diesel engined unit.

We sold our CNY farm last year and "retired" to our NC home a ways north of Winston-Salem last year. I didn't collect tractors or hit-and-miss engines but others in the family did including two sons. Our youngest, now 26, restored a 1954(?) Farmall M starting when he was around 15 or so. He later put a wide front end on it and then sold it to the local Farmall nut as part of a package deal.

Regarding keeping the wife happy, I don't know how big your place is or how it's laid out but I collected military vehicles for years, mostly 5-ton and larger towards the end. The main shop was 5,800 square feet and 100 yards from the house so my wife rarely visited it and couldn't see past it from the kitchen yard. I used to park them behind the main shop for a few months before moving them into the shop. By the time I moved them to where she could see them there was a big dead spot on the grass with 3-4' tall weeds around it. If she noticed what she thought was a "new" truck all I did was point at the spot where it was parked and say something like "Gee, Honey that truck's been here forever...."

That only worked for a while though. She stared counting them after that..... But I always sold enough trucks and parts to cover my costs so she didn't really mind all that much.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky