New member from Buzzard Hill, Alabama

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Coondawg

Original poster
Aug 8, 2022
Buzzard Hill, AL
Howdy y'all,

New member here from Southeast Alabama. I've always wanted to gain more knowledge on smoked meats, and I want to build my own smokehouse soon. So after a little bit of perusing, I decided to join up. I'm also wanting to make my own smoked cheddar cheese, so I'm hoping to get some good advice in the Cheese section of the forum.

Cheers,
Coondawg

Welcome to the forum from Minnesota! Great place for getting good advice and sharing ideas. Enjoy your time here!

Welcome to SMF from North Texas!
Great guide for smoking cheese:

Good luck!
- Jason

Welcome from North Mississippi! Lots of great advise to be found here. And I'll give you the first bit....Hide you credit cards, debit cards, and etc. We will find any number of ways for you to spend money! LOL. Look forward to your post and pics.
JIm

Welcome from Iowa! Guess Jim already warned ya we are happy to help you spend your money on things you " NEED" lol! Get yourself a big notebook...it will soon become overly full with things you want to try!

Ryan

Thanks for all the "welcomes", y'all. A few weeks ago, my sister gave me her Masterbuilt digital electric smoker that she has only used a few times. I plan on making good use of that smoker until I can build my own this winter.

That smoker only uses "chips", not chunks of hickory or pellets. Any suggestions on a good brand and source for hickory chips? I have a million hickories on my property, but don't particularly want to spend hours making "chips".

Thanks again.

Do a search on here for mailbox mods and get an amnps so you can burn pellets...you'll be very happy, much better than messing with chips.

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
Bearcarver Bearcarver is the MES guru. Check out his "step by steps'

Jim

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky