New member and first time making snack sticks. Help please!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camox413

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 14, 2016
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and I just made my first batch of snack sticks. Like a jackass, I didn't read the instructions well and put my snack sticks directly in for cooking. Basically, I didn't let them cure overnight. Is that bad? Please tell me I don't need to throw them out!

Thank you all

No.  You're OK.  The cure is mixed into the meat already.  Generally speaking, leaving it sit in the fridge overnight is just to get the flavors to meld thoroughly into the meat. FYI, I found that if you're using a jerky gun of some kind ad making skinless sticks, shooting out the snack sticks and THEN putting them in the fridge overnight is a lot easier to do than the other way around.

Gary

Thank you both for the advice. They still tasted good and was thankfully it was a small batch so the family demolished them quickly.

I will pay more attention next time!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky