New member Alert

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baconabbott

Original poster
May 4, 2022
Morehead City, NC
Hello guys! First time posting on a forum ever. Been reading this forum for a while and finally found/purchased my first 120 gallon tank to start my offset build. I’ll cad/draw it all up and read as much as I can before I ask for recommendations. Any guidance will be appreciated. So far I’m thinking one door, 2 inch 8th inch thick square tubing for the frame, and 6 inch stack diameter with a collector design. I’m apprehensive about whether or not to insulate my firebox due to steel prices and tank door cut location. Are they at 12 and 3 o’clock on 120 gallons 24 inch diameter tanks too or just 30 inch diameter tanks? Thanks for the opportunity to ask you guys these questions.

Attachments

• A38E9AC0-93A8-4E75-8CEC-4248C977E1FD.jpeg
    A38E9AC0-93A8-4E75-8CEC-4248C977E1FD.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 7
Welcome from Kentucky! I'm not much help with the build, but there are plenty of members in this forum who can get you fixed right up.

Welcome to SMF glad you decided to join us. You'll ind lots of good info here and if you don't fine it just ask. As for your build and build questions I would suggest seeking out daveomak daveomak he's the man for build questions.
As was said don't forget to take and post pics

Reactions: daveomak
Welcome from SE Arizona! That tank should keep you busy for a while. Good luck!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky