New in Boise, ID

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwilder

Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
Hello there, my name is Beth.  I lived and worked in So. California until I retired 7 years ago and moved to Boise. I've owned a smoker (Traeger Select) for about a year now and I'm still on the uphill side of the learning curve.  I hope to learn from the people in this group. I bought a 10 lb. slab of pork belly at Costco and will begin the curing process today.  Very excited to get that on smoke next week.  I'd be happy to receive any tips and tricks for success. 

Hey b welcome to the site, lots of folks here to help you get a handle on your pellet grill.  If you don't get the help your looking for here, try posting a question over in the bacon section of the forum.  Or try using the search bar at the top of the page, I've never cured and smoked pork belly.   Just salmon, but if they don't show up soon, I may have to get myself some belly and give it a try.  Be sure to let us know how it turned out, good luck and good smokin'.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky