New in Bitterroot Valley

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dropkick

Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Hi,

I'm dropkick.

I live in the Bitterroot Valley in Montana.

I'm a native Montanan by several generations.

I'm divorced, with no kids.

I have a beautiful dog.

I like to read, watch movies, hike, and shoot my guns.

I did one stint in the Army after high school. Planned to try out the Navy as I wanted to travel, but I was run over by a car instead.

Took a 2 year course in cooking at Missoula Vo-Tech.

Spent the next few decades in a variety of jobs, though mainly I either cooked or managed.

I have almost no experience with smokers.

I got a Charbroil Silver Smoker offset smoker bbq for X-mas.

I understand the offset design isn't the best for even heat and smoke dispersal, but I also plan to bbq with it and I'm going to use firewood in it as I have a large amount of dead wood - so for those reasons this is a better design for me.

As I get more experience I might build a baffle (as recommended in the basic smoker use email).

Hi dropkick, and welcome aboard!  This is the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

ReplyQuote  Multi

Welcome!  We used to vacation when the kids were little in Darby!  We are related to the Carol Goodman and the Poleman family.  carol owned the Lick Creek campground.  All dead and gone now, and we are afraid to go back and see the place has changed and maybe shatter our memories.

We still have family in Montana, I am not sure where, but they have all left the Bitterroot area.  Some of the best flyfishing I have ever done was near Lick Creek and Hamilton.

I do hope to get back there and do some more fishing.  I did do some awesome fishing near Deer Lodge once.

Again welcome.

Mel

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky