New Hoosier Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dizzy

Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
Northeast Indiana
Hi all,
Just bought an electric water smoker (Brinkman) I have no idea what I'm doin. Any suggestions on what I should try first? I signed up for the free e class but I know I don't have the patience to wait till I'm through it.

I would start with what you would like to eat the most and branch out from there.
icon_mrgreen.gif
I really wanted to smoke pulled pork when I started so my first 3 smokes were all bone in shoulders. Every smoker is different just as every cut of meat it. I would start with something forgiving, like a pork shoulder or maybe a chicken and just get used to operating your smoker. After the first smoke is under your belt it only gets easier and better tasting! You will be amazed at how much good information is available on here but good information only holds a fraction of the value actual experience does. Everyone starts from somewhere the key is to not be afraid of failure and to try and remember your mistakes so you can avoid them next time!

Good luck!

Last edited:
There is alot of great ideas on here just poke around and you will find one you like. ENJOY
yahoo.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky