New here, need assistance

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bearsmokebbq

Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
AZ
Hi all, new member here from AZ, I have a question for the board that I need some help with. I have a MES 40 with MB cold smoker attachmentment, I have read some post about using inline dimmers to control element output on smoker units and CS attachments. I have also seen the post with people making a homemade type setup and having success with it and my question is, can I use a power cord that already has the dimmer wired into it, and just run that from the wall plugin to the CS power cord? They are available at most hardware stores and inexpensive. Just wondering if this is a plausible option since I am not electrically inclined. I would only be running it to the CS attachment and not the smoker unit. I realize I would need to get the appropriate wattage, which the control panel on the CS states 150. Thanks in advance!

Not sure about your cord setup but keep in mind to use a heavy gauge cord and that those cheap dimmer switches get very very hot when used in this set up did I mention the switch sets hot enough to burn your hand . Be carful and don't leave unattended good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky