New here, Looking for a Teriyaki recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldFartFarmer

Fire Starter
Original poster
I just got a Dynaglow offset smoker, and have prague#1
im looking to make 5 pounds batches of jerky,
Please excuse me, ive read and re-read a lot of your posts before signing up here,
and the more i read the more confused i get, Im disabled (kinda slow,,short-buss slow)
but i get along fine,
would anyone share a Teriyaki recipe including the prague#1 googling just frustrates me as
you don't find much with folks using the prague #1 or charcoal smoking
what are your temp times, do i start low and go high or high and go low?

looking for step by step, instructions, color crayons included,,for this old fart,
thank you very much for your time, and sharing,
cheers
John
heres my smoker getting broke in 28 deg here today,,,
IMG_1110.JPG

Welcome to the forum glad to have you on board. Look under jerky in the forum list and keep scrolling down and you will see some teriyaki recipes or go to search and ask for teriyaki recipes.

Warren

There are all kinds of Teriyaki recipes here and the few I've tried were tasty. There's a but coming...

But just like Holly suggested it's hard to beat Soy Vey Veri Teriyaki. I've just quit messing with trying to reinvent the wheel for teriyaki. It's great sauce. It's cheap. It turns out a great product. My office demolished 2.5 pounds of teriyaki jerky today.

I do disagree with Holly about the smoker though. My process is kind of a hybrid. I put my teriyaki jerky in the smoker at 130 degrees for an hour with no smoke going to form a pellicle then turn them up to 160 with cherry smoke for a couple hours. At that point I pull it and into the dehydrator it goes till it's done.

I use this one, John:
https://www.jerkyholic.com/kikkoman-teriyaki-jerky/
Simple, straight forward, and easily changed if you want to pepper it up.
I use this pretty exclusively now, but with Pork Loin as my meat.
I'm supposed to stay away from red meat, so I do a lot of Pork, Salmon, and Chicken.
About the only additive I use is some added red pepper like is used for Pizza. Gives it the "afterburn" I like in the throat after the swallow. My 5 year old Grand Daughter likes it, but wants a glass of water within reach. LOL!

Alegro makes a teriyaki marinade that is pretty good. Use 1 bottle and add one bottle of water to your meat and cure. Marinate for 24-48 hours, pat dry, and smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky