New here from NY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RockinRam96

Original poster
Aug 8, 2022
Hey guys!

Been smoking meats for quite a while now. Smoked anything from fish and sea food to venison from a deer I harvested. I really enjoy the challenge of smoking and delivering a tasty meal to the table.

I’m her to get some insight on a smoker build. I got invited to compete in a smoking competition in about a month and a half. I’m afraid the smokes I do have will be to small to cook all the meat they’re asking us to cook. Being a hobbies metal worker and welder I thought it would be a good opportunity to marry two skills and hobbies I have. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Happy smoking!

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from Iowa! Any ideas on what you want to build?

Ryan

Welcome from Iowa! Any ideas on what you want to build?

Ryan
Would like to build a reverse flow barrel type smoker. Nothing huge. Would like something around 30” in diameter and 48” long.

I did find some plans for a 100 lb propane tank smoker. May try that for my first go.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky