New Hell Bender smoker.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
not sur why but pics didnt post.

Attachments

• IMG_7079.jpg
    IMG_7079.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7078.jpg
    IMG_7078.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7075.jpg
    IMG_7075.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: bill1
I used to smoke a lot of fish with an electric smoker but stopped when a firefighting buddy kept pointing out all the condos/apartments that things burned down. But I really want to get back into so I'm eyeballing the propane smokers. Is anybody here using one they can recommend? The lower the temp can be set the better. Thanks!
jdixon, you may want to start a fresh topic on this quest of yours. You'll get better results than just tacking onto an old thread like this that dealt with a different style of smoker than what you're pursuing. Also note that if you're in a condo/apt, there may be rules limiting you ONLY to electric smokers and the concern sometimes isn't so much fire safety (regardless of what they say) but complaints by other residents of smoky smells. So with any smoker, watching which way your smoke is moving and developing good relations with neighbors can go a long way. And although the average fireman may have seen more horror stories with wood smokers than propane, the physics of the worse-case situation is such that a tank of propane has a lot more stored energy (and can do more harm) than a smoker of wood, so that could enter into whatever local rulebook you need to operate under as well.
Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky