New Guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camocook

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Phila. Pa.
Just Got My First Smoker Three Weeks Ago.so Far I've Smoked A Brisket,ribs Twice,chicken Twice,pork Butt For Pulled Pork,turkey Breast,it Was The Right Temperature But A Little Dry.gonna Have To Fix That.and I Got Another Brisket For Tomorrow. I'm From Phila. Pa. I'm Hooked On Smoke. We Have A Weber Genesis,a 22" Weber Charcoal Kettle,coleman Roadtrip Portable Gas Grill,and My New Brinkman Gourmet Charcoal Smoker.it Didn't Take Long To Get Used To The New Cooker.now I Only Have Hickory And Mesquite.if There Is Anyone From My Area That Can Help Me With More Types Of Wood At A Reasonable Price It Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Welcome CamoCook -

Yep sounds like you've got it bad! Well you've come to the right place we're all smoke-aholics here!
biggrin.gif

Next time add some pictures of all that fine grub!

Thanks For The Welcome..... Just Got A New Digital Camera You'll Get Some Pictures Some Day.

Welcome to the SMF CAMOCOOK. Like everyone has said...sounds like youv'e been biten but good by the smokin bug, your in like company on that note!!!

Great folks here so jump right in and enjoy. As far as wood chips and chunks are concerned I know some folks order them online to be able to get the variety they are looking for. Perhaps someone can chime in with the web address.

Glad you found us!

I wonder if it okay to get felled trees from the state forests? We lost a ton of trees this year with all the ice storms and that candian huricane last week.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Wonder who you'd ask.

Time to oil up the chain saw I think!
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

yeah, but i am the smoke-a-holic. or maybe i was the first one called that.
anyway, welcome to smf, camocook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky