• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New guy

matt l

Joined Feb 25, 2006
Hello fellow BBQers,

I have been smoking meat semi-seriously for about 3 years now. Broke down and bought a Brinkman Smokin-pro with the offset firebox. Love it, now want something bigger. Still trying to perfect a beef brisket. Recently cooked my first whole pig for a birthday party. Rented the charcoal pig cooker from the Marine Corps base for $15 for the weekend. Now thinking about entering a competition. Have aspirations of opening a BBQ restaurant after retiring from the Marine Corps in 6 years. Until then, I'll just keep having fun smoking meat for the neighborhood.

Glad to be here.
Matt L

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Simper Fi, Matt! Glad you found us!! Check out our Beef Thread for tips on brisket smoking. Hope you enjoy our little piece of 'Que Heaven.

bob-bqn

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 5, 2005
Howdy Matt. Sounds like you're about ready to move up to a mobile rig. I'll be picking one up in a couple weeks. 8) If you have any questions after reading up we'll be more that happy to help.

jlloyd99

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 13, 2006
Welcome to the site Matt. You'll find lots of great information here and the folks won't steer ya wrong. I've been coming to this site for only a couple weeks and I've never been disapointed with the advice I've been given. Hope to see more of you in the other forums.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.