New guy

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by matt l, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Hello fellow BBQers,

I have been smoking meat semi-seriously for about 3 years now. Broke down and bought a Brinkman Smokin-pro with the offset firebox. Love it, now want something bigger. Still trying to perfect a beef brisket. Recently cooked my first whole pig for a birthday party. Rented the charcoal pig cooker from the Marine Corps base for $15 for the weekend. Now thinking about entering a competition. Have aspirations of opening a BBQ restaurant after retiring from the Marine Corps in 6 years. Until then, I'll just keep having fun smoking meat for the neighborhood.

Glad to be here.
    Matt L

2. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Simper Fi, Matt! Glad you found us!! Check out our Beef Thread for tips on brisket smoking. Hope you enjoy our little piece of 'Que Heaven.

3. bob-bqn

bob-bqn Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Howdy Matt. Sounds like you're about ready to move up to a mobile rig. I'll be picking one up in a couple weeks. 8) If you have any questions after reading up we'll be more that happy to help.

4. jlloyd99

jlloyd99 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Welcome to the site Matt. You'll find lots of great information here and the folks won't steer ya wrong. I've been coming to this site for only a couple weeks and I've never been disapointed with the advice I've been given. Hope to see more of you in the other forums.