1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

new guy with new uds

Discussion in 'UDS Builds' started by preston897, Oct 30, 2013.

1. i just did my check in on the forum and i decided i'd post a picture of my first ever uds build. i got it seasoned a couple of days ago and plan on doing a chicken on it tomorrow for its first cook. 

i took this picture about 1 hour after i got it started. i was impressed with how well it held temps. i let it burn for 6 hours with only the ball valve open and it sat at 225 until it got dark out then dropped to 200 and stayed there. i shut it off at that point. i can't wait to build another one. 

2. pc farmer

pc farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks good,  uds's are a mean cooking machine.

3. thanks. i'm sure hoping i can get my food to turn out as good as the uds did.

4. Nice build. Your going to love the way it cooks.

Happy smoken.

David

5. pc farmer

pc farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I am sure it will.

Lots of great food is ahead of you.[​IMG]

6. im already planning on mods to it. im learning that a uds is like a lego set. you can never stop adding!