New guy to group!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi, and welcome from Iowa! I haven't gotten one yet but I know they make a rotisserie for my GMG Peak pellet smoker. Don't know of camp chef makes one or not.

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
Welcome from NY, not if they make a roto for your rig, but if they do it should work great. A number of us smoke with a rotisserie on our Weber kettles with great success.

Hi, and welcome from Iowa! I haven't gotten one yet but I know they make a rotisserie for my GMG Peak pellet smoker. Don't know of camp chef makes one or not.

Ryan
I have a rotisserie unit to try it out with. Tossing ideas around in my head. Green Mountain Grills has the idea I was thinking about. Thank you for sharing! Thought I had an original idea!!! Shot down again!!!

Last edited:
hey Red Rock 46 welcome from the Keweenaw of Mi.
the rotisserie might work great for whole chicken

Mike
Hey YooperSmoker. I have a Hobart Meat Grinder from around 1910. Has a tag Hobart Electric Company on it. They quit using that name in 1913.

Attachments

• Hobart Meat Grinder 1910 2.jpg
    Hobart Meat Grinder 1910 2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Hobart Meat Grinder 1910 3.jpg
    Hobart Meat Grinder 1910 3.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Hobart Meat Grinder 1910 name plate.jpg
    Hobart Meat Grinder 1910 name plate.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Hobart Meat Grinder 1910.jpg
    Hobart Meat Grinder 1910.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have you join us!
Since a pellet grill has a circulating fan, I really don’t see the advantage of using a roti, but then I just got my first pellet pooper and am still learning how to use it.
Al

IMHO, a Rotisserie might help hold the juices inside, or manage the bark, if you have some direct heat, but it won't do much to affect the smoke. You should be getting smoke from all directions, without the Roti.

Bear

Reactions: bigfurmn
hey Red Rock 46 welcome from the Keweenaw of Mi.
the rotisserie might work great for whole chicken

Mike

IMHO, a Rotisserie might help hold the juices inside, or manage the bark, if you have some direct heat, but it won't do much to affect the smoke. You should be getting smoke from all directions, without the Roti.

Bear
Hi Bearcarver: Spent a little time in Vietnam myself. June 1966-July 1967 again the whole year of 1970. Retired USMC Gunnery Sergeant.

Hi Bearcarver: Spent a little time in Vietnam myself. June 1966-July 1967 again the whole year of 1970. Retired USMC Gunnery Sergeant.
Thank you for your service!
If you want to tag someone add the @ symbol before their name. In this case Bearcarver Bearcarver shows up like this and he will now get a message that someone mentioned him.

Ryan

Reactions: YooperSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky