New guy, smoked my first butt today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

loanshark

Original poster
May 20, 2007
Stanley, NC
Found this sight while searching for tips. The info here really helped me out and it came out great. I used a Brinkman Gourmet and can't wait to do ribs next week. Maybe I'll post some photos once I figure out how.

Glad we could help you, Loanshark!

Good to have you aboard! How about filling us in on a few more of your details. I am sure there is a lot more to your screen name and that super avatar than you have given up so far!

Cheers!

Welcome Loanshark. Nice to have you on the forum. Please feel free to post your smoking adventures and to draw from the vast knowledge of the other friendly users on the forum.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Welcome to the SMF
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome LoanShark
confused.gif
-

Glad your butt came out good. There's more to come ... Did you use a rub, a spray, mustard? Hickory, mequite, apple?

Welcome to the forum. We do like our pics around here. (Wish I knew how to post them).

Here's more details... I started at 8 am, used hickory chunks and added applejuice to the water pan. It started off great but temp fell by around 9:45. Added more lump charcoal and left for 2 hours for church. When I checked again at noon the fire was out, so I restarted the fire and kept it hot until it was done around 2:30. Sliced it up and had it for dinner. Can't wait to do it again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky