New guy here.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clash

Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Haslett, MI
Hello, this is a great forum! I recently purchased a Brinkman smoke n pit that was on sale at HD and am immersing myself into culinary godliness. I'm a rookie smoker but very capable in the kitchen and the BBQ. Today I am taking my first stab at some baby backs. So far the kids and I have been having a blast seasoning the grill, foraging for bricks and wrapping them with tin foil, who would have thunk that smoking is a family activity.

I look forward to chatting and getting smoker/meat advice.

welcome1.gif
   Glad to have you with us!

welcome1.gif
 aboard, and its wonderful to hear that you are making this adventure a "Family" affair!!  Too little of that going on these days.  My hat is off to you sir!

Rich

welcome1.gif

I had a lonely Brinkman to give away:

e8d00415_parkdaywiththekids036.jpg

I've got three post about it and no-one wants the poor little thing
icon_cry.gif

Thanks all I will post some pic's although I did not get pics of the finished product, it was delicious but I quickly realized how bad I need a good chamber thermometer and am contemplating the turkey fryer burner mod which I do plan on smoking through the fall and winter so I think its essential but first I am going to try and master the old fashioned wood/charcoal. The next foray will be chickens since I can experiment and they are MUCH cheaper. My ultimate goal is to do a brisket, my daughter eye balled that slab of meat at the butcher so we have the same goal.

It's pretty easy to make it a fun family affair I just include the kids in the shopping for meat, let them pick it out we have an actual small meat market so you will never miss on the quality and let them assist with the little chores, season the meat and monitor the temp..there is NO need for a remote thermometer when you have 2 hungry kids on smoker watch. It's amazing that parents miss out on these seemingly little opportunities to learn a craft with their kids.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky