New guy from KY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeindaville

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 19, 2015
Hey all,

I just found this group this week while researching electric smokers and joined today. I've been enjoying reading the posts and starting to learn.

A little about me. I'm 54 years old and live in Louisville Kentucky. I'm married with 2 daughters. I bought a Weber Smokey Mountain last year and used it to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving. It was my first smoke and looked and tasted delicious. Unfortunately that was the only time I used it. Probably because I didn't enjoy dealing with the charcoal and knowing how much to use for the amount of cooking time. I had planned to do more, just never did. I was wanting to smoke a turkey breast this year for Thanksgiving and started thinking about switching to electric.

My brother in law has a MES 30 and has been really happy with it. He told me about the different things he smokes so I decided I would go with electric. I know it's more but I am going to get a gen 2.5 Bluetooth 30" model from Home Depot tonight. My plan is to assemble it tonight, season it tomorrow night, and test it out with a small pork tenderloin on Saturday. Really looking forward to tasting the results. Then I will do the turkey breast for my family on Thanksgiving.

Glad to have joined your group and look forward to learning a lot.

Thanks

Greg

Welcome to the forum.  The search bar located at the top of each page can be your best friend.  Have a question/problem requiring an immediate answer, simply search for it.  Feel free to also post any question your may have and a local expert will be along shortly to help you.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky