New Guy from Illinois

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinwilks

Original poster
Oct 6, 2020
Just found youse guys looking for a finishing sauce for my pulled pork.....been using a Masterbuilt 30" smoker for the last couple months with awesome results. I've done 3-2-1 baby backs, wings, spatchcock chicken and doing my first butt today to take camping with us tomorrow....looking forward to learning things from folks who have been doing it for awhile....looks like a great place.

Last edited:
Welcome from Wisconsin. Go PACK! :emoji_wink: :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_laughing:

Lots of great folks on this forum to help you up your game.

JC :emoji_cat:

Thanks for the welcomes...gonna try Soflaquer's sauce which uses Tony Chacheres rub whichI have on board....I'll try your recommendation next time. ...thanks.

Thanks for the welcomes...gonna try Soflaquer's sauce which uses Tony Chacheres rub whichI have on board....I'll try your recommendation next time. ...thanks.
Welcome from south suburbs of chicago! Soflaquers is my go to sauce for pork as well. Baby backs you will find most people do 2-2-1. 321 was meant for st louis style :)

I'll give the 2-2-1 a shot...the 3-2-1 was working so well I didn't want to screw it up. lol

thanks

Looks like CS said most do 2-2-1 but you're saying most don't wrap their ribs in foil for a portion of the smoke?

Yeah, the 3-2-1 generally makes the ribs too tender where they litterally fall off the bone. 2-2-1 allows you to have a little pull and still get a clean bone. Unwrapped the entire time I would assume would have a similar texture but more bark. I haven't ventured into that yet but I will try about anything. I also learned about the "bend test" here for ribs. This place is the library of Congress for BBQ. I've been on here since '14 or '15 and I learn something new almost every visit. Its almost overwhelming.

Reactions: smokinwilks
My experience has been that the 3-2-1 has produced (so far) a perfect pull on the rib....nowhere near falling off the bone....that's what I enjoy about this smoker.....experimentation.

Thanks for the replies.

Reactions: CheapSmoker
Looks like CS said most do 2-2-1 but you're saying most don't wrap their ribs in foil for a portion of the smoke?
A lot of what's done is personal preference. I'm not implying anything other then to claim that most do this or that is not a true statement with out a proper poll and this has been done on here with mixed reaction. Again it's all about personal preference.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky