New grinder/venison got links.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kawboy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 20, 2015
Central Minnesota
The guy that owns the land that I black powder hunt on sent me home with a grinder/stuffer. It's big ol harbor freight with a drill attachment. His wife won't let him use it because it scares her! Good enough for me I guess. Anyway, for the first sausage with it I'd like to try hot links. I 'd like to use some venison. I've done some searches and don't come up with much. Is venison a bad idea in hot links? I make a pretty mean summer sausage with venison. Any good recipes for me? Not straight venison, but I'd like to use some. Probably won't make it for awhile, have to see how the bacon goes this weekend.

I think hot links are a Kielbasi that is spiced up.I just made Kielbasi from Turkey so give it a try.
Richie

I would start with 7# venison to 3# pork fat and then find the recipe you want to use. I cut it 50/50 to reduce the deer taste for my wife. 5# deer, 3# pork butt and 2# pork fat. Leaves you with 30% fat sausage. 20 - 30% is good for me for sausages. Loose I like at 20%

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky