New Green Mountain Smoker and first smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ryschoo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Had been looking at adding a new smoker to my collection and went with the Green Mountain. They have a heck of a deal on them right now - besides having money off, it came with a cover, a rotisserie, and two bags of pellets so I pulled triggered.

D14093D1-D0D0-4F50-B4AF-A8A6432A8F07.jpeg

Did the initial burn off and went with a pork butt for the maiden voyage. My back yard smells awesome right now.

14CD2F49-2FA7-4AFD-A140-4A2F451AACA1.jpeg

Will post the final product later!

Very nice . Enjoy that .
I bought a Weber SmokeFire back in July . All the negative reviews and the hate mail I got , I love that thing . Makes some great food .
That GMG looks really nice . Congrats .

Very nice . Enjoy that .
I bought a Weber SmokeFire back in July . All the negative reviews and the hate mail I got , I love that thing . Makes some great food .
That GMG looks really nice . Congrats .
It was basically between the Green Mountain and the SmokeFire. The deal on Green Mountain sealed it for me as it would have been a few hundred extra to get everything the Green Mountain came with. Still plan on using my WSM and my go to grill is my Weber Kettle.
I’m glad you like the SmokeFire as I really like Weber and was so glad they fixed all the problems with gen 2.

Reactions: chopsaw
Had been looking at adding a new smoker to my collection and went with the Green Mountain. They have a heck of a deal on them right now - besides having money off, it came with a cover, a rotisserie, and two bags of pellets so I pulled triggered.

View attachment 516080
Did the initial burn off and went with a pork butt for the maiden voyage. My back yard smells awesome right now.

View attachment 516081
Will post the final product later!
610296CC-4B49-423B-8809-DBB2A10A5814.jpeg

Just wrapped the butt and put her back on the smoker. Love the WiFi features on this as I have been able to run around and get some errands done without having to baby sit the smoker. I mean I love sitting around the smoker drinking BuschLight all day as much as the next guy but it’s nice to have options:emoji_laughing:

Got my GMG DAN'L BOONE about 10 yrs ago. LOVE IT!! got some hot and cold spots, but like anything else, you learn and adapt. It's a dependable work horse. Been a valuable tool summer and winter (get the insulated winter cover). I clean mine after every 30-40 hours of use and have an old POS shop-vac relegated just for that job.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky