New from Houston

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimintx

Original poster
Jul 25, 2016
Hello all -

I am happy to have found your forum and look forward to using it often. I have been cooking outdoors and grilling for decades, but am not very knowledgable about smoking, per se.  

I owned a huge, pricey, Klose brand stick burner for 10 years, and never got the hang of it. Eventually, I got rid of it, and I have not had any real smoking cookers since. That is, until this past December when I got a ceramic kamado as a super surprise gift.  I have been really pleased with it, so far. 

I suppose that's about it for a first time intro.  I will now go do some reading.

See ya'll around the forum!

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

Also in Houston and my background is a lot like yours only I am about 6 months ahead on learning smoking in an MES40, Gen 2.5.  You are in the place one could only dream of where a bunch of experienced buddies were always there offering what worked for them and helping you with what did not. The real winners will be the future guests at your table.

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from another cloudy but hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky