New from British Columbia Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

W.O.W.

Original poster
Jan 4, 2020
Just now registered into here after doing a google search on a sausage smoking related topic.Looks like a nice site herer and I will do a little brown ring around before jumping into participation .

Reactions: JC in GB
Thank you . I am a newbie sausage maker and have added it to my other hobbies .So far about 7 pounds of bratwurst and about 8 pounds of hot Italian .Finding it interesting and really want to get into smoking. Tried my first smoke today by using my gas barbecue grill and chip pots . It leaves much to be desired . I need to discuss further about this but find the site a little different to navigate so need help on where I should post questions and hopefully be able show pictures of my progress. Need to learn which real upright smoker would be best at most reasonable price . Been searching amazon and more interested in either electric or LP gas rather than pellets .

Thank you . I am a newbie sausage maker and have added it to my other hobbies .So far about 7 pounds of bratwurst and about 8 pounds of hot Italian .Finding it interesting and really want to get into smoking. Tried my first smoke today by using my gas barbecue grill and chip pots . It leaves much to be desired . I need to discuss further about this but find the site a little different to navigate so need help on where I should post questions and hopefully be able show pictures of my progress. Need to learn which real upright smoker would be best at most reasonable price . Been searching amazon and more interested in either electric or LP gas rather than pellets .
Price range on the smoker? Welcome from Ohio!

Looking for lowest price on an upright gas or electric one and I an thinking after todays experimenting using my barbecue as a smoker that I should probably look for one with thermostat heat control .
Have not checked about posting pictures here but sure hope they can bee posted here directly from my PC desktop because Photobucket has been down for a while so can't put pictures there to get the url for them .

I’d say you are looking for either an MES40 or if you want pellet an upright Pit Boss.

jcam222
I looked on amazon (my favorite store ) . . .lol and I see MES 440 but no MES 40 .I do not want a pellet one but either gas or electric .
I will go take another amazon search .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky