New freezer-hope to be smoker.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cross8

Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
north-west South Dakota
Hi

Just picked this freezer with hopes of making a smoker out of it, if not it will make for some good mouse proof storage in the tack room. Any ideas onwhat to do from here. the only plastic is on the door and the blue around the door jam, the rest is aluminum and its about as heavy as or heavier than one of them little cheif smokers. Do I need to strip it all out or can i leave it in and just take out the door  shell and jam?

icon_cool.gif

I would suggest that you remove all the plastic for you don't want to take a chance of it smoldering during a good smoke. Other then that you should be good to go and what are you gonna use for a heat source?? 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky