New Curing Chamber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
The freezer that I used for curing died on me. The new one is smaller from a cubic foot perspective, but much better arranged for hanging long stuff.

Cave 2022-09-11.jpg

Reactions: Lonzinomaker
That looks like a Frigidaire freezer with R600 freon in it (butane) they are bad about getting a freon leak at the condenser coil /cabinet compression fitting. Looks like it's working well for your use. Looking forward to the end results

And what's the small pieces hanging low?

A couple of tuna steaks being turned into mojama.

That looks like a Frigidaire freezer with R600 freon in it (butane) they are bad about getting a freon leak at the condenser coil /cabinet compression fitting. Looks like it's working well for your use. Looking forward to the end results

Good to know. I got the longest warranty I could get on it (4 years).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky