New combo pellet/gas grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just want to offer a quick review on this since I ended up buying it.

Built pretty well, looks good. The gas side works fine although I am used to a slightly more powerful flame at the high level. It's all good though.... not as may flare ups

The wood pellet side works pretty well too. It keeps a remarkably good temperature for any setpoint. I did however have to reposition the temp probe a bit. It sits pretty high into the top and there is quite the temperature difference between the top, and at grill level so in a manner of speaking it was reporting a not-so-accurate grill level temp.

However I did notice that the missing temperature swing did produce less smoke overall. To the contrary my Traeger is all over the map when it comes to set temperatures. In SMOKE mode the temp swings can go from 160 to 230, but those huge swings also seem to produce more smoke.

There is a slight downside to the traditional bbq lid system. The traeger has a door on the side of a drum so it takes a bit for the temperature to drop even with the door open. When you lift the lid on this machine the ENTIRE grate surface is exposed and you lose that heat quite suddenly! With this system you do not want to open the lid unless there is a REAL GOOD reason.

Haven't tried the ceramic searing grill on the side yet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky