New CBJ!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nedtorious

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
Sherwood, TN
So, at this point, I still haven't worked up enough courage to enter a KCBS contest. But, Friday, I did the next best thing. I took the class and became a Certified Barbeque Judge!
:yahoo:
I never really thought I would enjoy being a judge, but after taking the class, I'm kind of excited to judge my first comp!

Hi Ned, my son and I did the exact same thing last year. So far I have had the pleasure to judge 2 competitions locally. Man what a great experience! We spent some time walking around and talking with several of the teams that were competing and all were glad to share information. One fellow judge came up from Chattanooga to CT to participate. For some reason folks on this site could really care less about all of it based on my experience

So, at this point, I still haven't worked up enough courage to enter a KCBS contest. But, Friday, I did the next best thing. I took the class and became a Certified Barbeque Judge!
yahoo.gif

I never really thought I would enjoy being a judge, but after taking the class, I'm kind of excited to judge my first comp!
Cool, I think it would be fun being a judge! You get to see lots of great food and you get to talk to the people making it. Congrats

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky