New builder. I've been lurking here for too long

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RuleHard

Original poster
Sep 19, 2020
What's up all.
My name is Dick and I've been smoking meat for probably 12 years or so. For the longest time I had a brinkman that I modded with vents and a baffle as well as some sealing to help it work better. I had lots of success with perk and meatloaf on that smoker. A few failures with chicken but die to design issues it was always a pita to use. I bought a new house 3 years ago and the brinkman fell apart so I said I'd build a new one for nice deck at the new place....well that never happened. I've been gather supplies for those 3 years and I'm finally ready

I'm an experienced fabricator so I've got all the needed tools in my shop for a build. I build motorcycles for a hobby so welders, benders, drill presses etc...are typical. I even have a lathe.

Either way I'm ready to enjoy smoked meat again from my own creation so I've finally decided to quit lurking this forum.
I'm also excited to try to learn some different techniques and recipes I've never tried so this should be fun.

Welcome RH! As you already noticed, this is a great place to “use and exploit” the knowledge and experience of some great cooks and pit masters. Your avatar is very cool. I had an black and blue 84 Nighthawk S with Pichler fairing and Supertrapp SS header. One of the best bikes Honda ever made.

Reactions: RuleHard
Welcome RH! As you already noticed, this is a great place to “use and exploit” the knowledge and experience of some great cooks and pit masters. Your avatar is very cool. I had an black and blue 84 Nighthawk S with Pichler fairing and Supertrapp SS header. One of the best bikes Honda ever made.
Yeah this the second one I've had. I also have a 76 sohc cb750. Then the wifey has a shadow chopper and a Suzi gs550.

Reactions: SlickRockStones
Welcome to SMF!
With your skills & equipment, I can’t wait to see what you fabricate!!!
Al
Thanks. I'm still trying to make up my mind in the best design. While there is a lot of info for horizontal reverse flow there isn't much for Vertical

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky