New build PID question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WhoDey78

Original poster
Nov 13, 2019
I just purchased an inkbird ITC-106vh PID and it came with a K-type thermocouple. This will be my first time building anything like this or wiring a PID. I noticed the thermocouple has a loose-fitting, free-spinning threaded fitting at the end. Does anyone know if I need another part to thread this into? Or perhaps I just need to incorporate a nut into my build that this will screw into? Here is a link to the one I purchased.

Questions and answers shows it needs a 1/4-20 thread to screw the nut into...
You could drill and tap a 1/4-20 at the proper location...

Reactions: WhoDey78
I just purchased an inkbird ITC-106vh PID and it came with a K-type thermocouple. This will be my first time building anything like this or wiring a PID. I noticed the thermocouple has a loose-fitting, free-spinning threaded fitting at the end. Does anyone know if I need another part to thread this into? Or perhaps I just need to incorporate a nut into my build that this will screw into? Here is a link to the one I purchased.
Questions and answers shows it needs a 1/4-20 thread to screw the nut into...
You could drill and tap a 1/4-20 at the proper location...

Trying to build a brick smoker/oven and I came searching to ask this very question. I see your answer, but don't understand.

You list the thread size, but do not understand into what I am to drill and tap (proper location?). Do I dangle, or tap the brick?

Sorry for seeming like a big dummy, but that's only because I'm a big dummy when it comes to things like this.

View attachment 668832
View attachment 668833

-sterling

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky