New build from EPCO food warmer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okieoutlaw

Original poster
Jan 4, 2015
SOUTHERN OKLAHOMA
Got my hands on this warmer from a correctional prison
IMG_0811.jpg

stripped the inside
IMG_0810.jpg

made shelves and grates and took out element unit and sealed holes
IMG_0824.jpg

made my flu pipe and damper
IMG_0827.jpg
IMG_0828.jpg
IMG_0829.jpg
IMG_1037.jpg

reworking the old burner unit
IMG_1015.jpg

got burner unit and stack in
IMG_1039.jpg

working on the mailbox pellet burner
IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg
IMG_1045.jpg
IMG_1046.jpg
IMG_1052.jpg
IMG_1053.jpg

added my aquarium pump and wired unit for my Auber controller
IMG_1059.jpg

seasoning after 1 smoking tube of pellets
IMG_1058.jpg

Reactions: weev
ill post pics with the water pan and everything in it before I make the first cook,, this thing holds temps really good so far I had to get my air adjusted right on my mailbox to smolder the pellets a lil bit slower but I think its gonna be a good one..

I see those everyday I work. I wonder if I can get ahold of some when they get replaced. Be Well Rusty

I think this was 1 of 4 bought at a auction, my buddy got one too he put the treager box on his and it works good too..I would think these would be pretty plentiful with as many government agencies that are closing.‍♂️

School district auctions are a great place to pick up these holding cabinets which, in my opinion, can be much easier to convert than a fridge. I picked up a nice non-working Alto-Shaam unit from an auction for $33 and it is already lined with high-temp glass insulation. Hope to have it operational in a few weeks.

I like it, I am running 240V on a fridge with the mailbox and I love it. I cold smoked a lot this winter, it holds good temps. And now I am attempting to Cook pizzas over 400 degrees. I tried last weekend and it took a long long time.
I did a test run this AM and got it down to 75minutes from plugin until when Pizza would be done. Held temps around 425 degrees, still working on getting a good smoke.

You will have so much fun with this. Is that burner about 3600-3900watts?

School district auctions are a great place to pick up these holding cabinets which, in my opinion, can be much easier to convert than a fridge. I picked up a nice non-working Alto-Shaam unit from an auction for $33 and it is already lined with high-temp glass insulation. Hope to have it operational in a few weeks.
I come along a few here and there I got my old admiral fridge from a facebook post wanting to find one......Old Admiral fridge build
and this was 1 of 2 I got from 1 person..

I like it, I am running 240V on a fridge with the mailbox and I love it. I cold smoked a lot this winter, it holds good temps. And now I am attempting to Cook pizzas over 400 degrees. I tried last weekend and it took a long long time.
I did a test run this AM and got it down to 75minutes from plugin until when Pizza would be done. Held temps around 425 degrees, still working on getting a good smoke.

You will have so much fun with this. Is that burner about 3600-3900watts?
no, actually that is a 110volt 1750 watt from a farberware counter top grill, which my controller is only rated for 1800 I think, but it works good so far this cabinet is a lil big for the burner but I'm getting use to the little wait for the warmup and after that its fine..I usually don't ever cook above 300 but I've had it pretty hot before..:emoji_wink:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky