New Bubba Keg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

installman

Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Florida
Hi everyone, I just got a Bubba Keg from the home depot. It was apparently the last one in the area and the floor model. They had it marked for $299, but the wife haggled em down to $199. I cooked some burgers on it for lunch today and am getting ready to do some chicken for dinner. I plan on smoking some ribs within the next couple days, and then who knows what.

Thanks rbranster, I read that thread yesterday, after buying the bubba keg. I started with a brinkman charcoal smoker, then after finding this board did a few mods to make it work, sort of,then finally converted it to gas now it smokes fine. About a year ago I bought the kenmore gas smoker on clearance for $40 cause it had a dent in the side( i couldn't pass it up). I honestly thought I would never go back to charcoal, but after finding the screamin deal on the keg I am now back to charcoal. Hopefully I can master the flame with the keg, as it seems to be a much better design than the el cheapo brinkman I started with.

Some Q-view

s
aac30447_firstchicken.jpg

I was always a propane guy until I tried a BGE and I wanted one something like it but I didn't want to spend the ridiculous amount of money on an egg. I build a UDS and I LOVE it.I can't imagine not having one now.

I saw one of these at Home depot the other day and really liked it.  I like the fact you can put it on a trailer hitch.  Great smoker!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky