new around here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slikster

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
Arlington TX
I found this forum when I started to look at new ideas for a smoker.  I have finally burnt out the bottom of the fire box on my old smoker and decided to look for plans for a new one.  The more I looked the more I read the different forums. 

I got into making sausage a couple of years ago when I asked for a sausage stuffer for Christmas.  It has been all downhill since then. Breakfast sausage and chorizo became a staple in the freezer.  I can't got back to store bought anymore.  I ventured into bacon and Canadian bacon next.  I'll never buy either at the store again. 

Now I am looking to build a smoke house and have asked for the northern tools burner for Christmas.  I have rehabbed houses in the past so I have pretty decent carpentry skills.  Since I am a teacher I am coming up on some time off for the holidays and look forward to starting the build.

Rick

Welcome Slikster! Many people have build smokehouses on here so go check them out in the Smoker Build section. We used JckDanls07's a few months back for the first time at the South Florida gathering. It worked great once dialed in. We made 100lbs of snack sticks

Alot of great people on this forum so feel free to chat, post questions and make sure you post some Qview of that sausage and bacon you make :)

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome Rick!  Glad you've joined the group.  Lots of members have built smokehouses, so you'll likely get all the input and advice you want.  Good luck with you project, and be sure to show and tell us how it turns out!  
icon14.gif

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky